On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 06:16:39,Valdis Kletnieks wrote :
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:11:14 +0300, Oleg Drokin said:
>
> > It is somehow related to knfsd, I think. I will tell you what I will be
> > able to find.
>
> > The only thing that ext{2,3}/reiserfs differs right now is buffer flushing
> > policy, while ext{2,3} just marks block dirty and returns, reiserfs
> > actually waits for disk to finish it's I/O.
>
> If that *doesnt* explain the performance differences, I'd be surprised....

That could be well explain the "little" stalls I see during all latest dbench
test, here.

Latest Kernel is:
2.4.19-pre3-dn1 (;-)
AA vm_29
O(1)
preemption+lock-break

Under heavy IO (dbench) there are times in which there is no progress and then
fast drawing of the little dots, again.

Regards,
        Dieter
--