Dear Chris,

  Thanks for your reply, as I mentioned I don't have a second GBit-server
here and our original machine is a production environment, so I can't
undertake all the test.
I don't even may reproduce my first test during the day, bcause the people
here might lose their samba-hosted files....

But since you obviously are working for SuSE would it be a big problem for
you to set up a test enivronment ?

I could patch my 2.4.18 self compiled kernel with the speed patches, if
someone points me to them and then I'll have to find a time for testing
these patches, but I can't promise you when.

  Regards,

     Wolfgang

--
Dr. Wolfgang Glas                        EV-i Informationstechnologie
GmbH.