Thanks Chris for your understanding, we are really open here for new
developments (otherwise we would not use a linux server for
production...).

If you have approved your patches, I will surely give them a try since up
to know I did not experience any problems with my self-compiled 2.4.18
kernel on top of SuSE-7.3 on my desktop machine, so I think I could risk
to run a 2.4.18 plus eventually approved reiser patches on your server.

Since I'm a software developer, I also know that it's invaluable for the
developers to reproduce a problem and track it down on their own.

  Regards,

     Wolfgang

--
Dr. Wolfgang Glas                        EV-i Informationstechnologie
GmbH.