From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu [mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of Eric Rassbach
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 5:09 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: RE: Federal regulators apparently force bank to take down religioussymbols

Alan --

Does your analysis below apply equally to religious organizations and non-religious organizations?

One example I think would be interesting in the latter category is In-N-Out Burger, which prints Bible references (e.g. "John 3:16") on every piece of food packaging. What sort of accommodation would an employee who had religious objections to the Bible references be entitled to? Although In-N-Out is clearly for-profit, it also has at least some religious purposes.

Eric