Hi.  I was given a Motorola Motrac base station...it's model #
C53MHB-3100BR, and comes in the short cabinet, with card cage, etc.
I was looking at it earlier today and see that there's a place for a
Squelch Gate card and Tone Decoder card in the card cage, as well as
a spot in the bottom of the unit where it looks like a second SO-239
connector could be mounted.  There are also separate cables running
to the bottom of the cabinet from the TX and RX sections.

This leads me to believe that this unit was made with the potential
for conversion to a repeater station.  My theory is that I could
stick in one of my extra Squelch Gate cards, make two separate
connectors for TX and RX, and do something to make the receiver stay
active while the TX is running, and it should work.

Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions, advice, notes, etc?

Thanks,

Matt