Jamey Wright

-----Original Message-----
From: Q [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 8:17 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Voters

>It doesnt require any mods to the voter. Use the radio links as
conventional
>except for inserting idle tone from the link receiver when no signal is
>present,its easier than trying to keep link transmitters on 24/7,IMHO....

That is what I plan to I just needed something to generate the idle tone.

You can build a tone generator from a 555,lots of circuits around.
And dont forget to add an identifier for each link transmitter. Lots of work
to set up but worth it when you get it all working properly.

I've looked at several circuits using the 555 but I wanted to see if anybody
else had done this.

Jamey