From: Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 11:41 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Scott
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Coax Question

Thanks All----Sounds like I'd better go with some sort of hard line for my between unit RF interconnects to keep between cable leakage to tolerable limits----and probably noise too. But this brings up another issue: forgetting about noise for the moment ---how can a 214 type cable which is listed as 97-98% shielded have lower leakage (desense problems) than a foil cable listed as 100% shielded?

The big question-------what is the most economical combination of small diameter hard line and an "N" compatible connector assembly?--------is there something that can be done with say 1/4" superflex and the affordable solder through the holes teflon "N" connector that is similar to the 259 "UHF" connector?----what is the best way to go?

And another-------I've seen military microwave gear interconnected with hardline less than 1/4" diameter ---smooth tubing---with soldered on "N" connectors-----like is used in mobile helical duplexers-----is this system suitable and where does it come from?

Thanks much, 73

Scott, N6NXI