At 1/5/2006 21:55, you wrote:
>I am not the most knowlegeable person but noticed a couple of comments
>about your feel line without an explaination.
>
> >Feedline = RG8, mentioned 9913 when I went to the shop but the coax has
> no markings on it when I got it so >I'm not quite sure if I got it or not :)
>
>RG8 is not suitable for duplex operation.  There is insufficient shielding
>and will most likely result in receiver desense while the transmitter is
>operating. You might look back in the archives on the Repeater-Builder
>there has been extensive discussions about this problem and also on the
>use of 9913 for duplex operation.  As mentioned by others ... a change to
>some other type of a 100% shielded feedline will probably do wonders for
>your receive problem.
>
>Good Luck
>Larry

Shielding percentage of the antenna feedline has nothing to do with duplex
suitability.  9913 is 100% foil shielded.  The problem is the type of
shield metallization used.  Silver-plated RG-214 can be used but is just as
lossy as RG-8, so not good for long lengths.

Given your operating frequency & required cable length, I'd go with 1/2"
Heliax or some other solid-shielded feedline.

Bob NO6B