> >> If everybody would just configure their mailer to send plain text
> >> then there would be no problems.

This is 2006, probably a good time to adjust to the technology a bit and
realize that a good email program will be able to handle incoming email in a
variety of standard formats.  I suppose one could always go back to snail
mail, it seems to me everything I receive from the USPS is in one
format...no, wait, that is even more varied yet I still manage to read all
those different fonts and graphics!

Receiving email in multiple formats gives the recipient the choice of
displaying it how they wish.  If you don't like it, put it in plain text
format and view it the way you want.

Good luck!