At 4/22/2006 09:54, you wrote:
>Hello Randy,
>
>With only 25 watts, the other option is to use two antennas with some
>separation. And it is also helpful to add a filter to the transmit line
>and another to the receiver. At least add one to the transmit side. Adding
>a filter to the transmit side would help eliminate the high power
>interference, and no loss for the receiver.

You'd need a lot of antenna separation even with a pass cavity on the TX, &
it would need to be vertical.  Kind of makes the installation not so portable.

>  And of course PL on your receiver would help too.

...only if you have external co-channel issues or low-level IMD/spurious
signals to deal with.  If you have desense or RF feedback & are trying to
use PL to cover it up, your portable repeater will be practically useless
for low-power HTs.

>  I've been running a 35 watt repeater with two antennas and a transmit
> filter for more than a year and it works just fine.

How far apart are the antennas?  600 kHz split?

Bob NO6B