From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 April, 2006 10:51
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Mobile antenna installation help/fatigued metal

Thank you to all who provided great solutions on solving tearing effect from
mobile mounts on thin autobody metal vehicles. It all may now be moot
because, We all should be aware of legislation being proposed in many states
such as "Driving While Distracted" or "Inattentive Driving" laws. These new
laws will curtail mobile radio operations. CT, NY, NJ and DC already have
laws prohibiting people talking on cell phones while driving. A proposal in
NJ while not yet introduced for voting but being formulated:
  New Jersey clarifies that a distracted driver may be charged with
reckless, careless or unsafe driving when so warranted, a law enforcement
officer may charge a person with a violation if that person, while operating
a motor vehicle, engages in distracting behavior including, but not limited
to, the use of communications technology such as wireless telephones,
pagers, facsimile machines, locator devices, AM/FM radios, compact disc
players, audio cassette players, video players, citizens band radios, and
dispatch radios; engaging in personal grooming; consuming food or beverages;
reading; or tending to unsecured pets. So heads up, be careful, keep one ear
to your state capitol and the other to the mobile rig while driving under
those low hanging tree branches. Soon we may not need mobile antennas.
Gary K2UQ