At 8/28/2007 16:01, you wrote:
>Bob Dengler wrote:
>
> > One concept that really helps in this area is CTCSS tone frequency
> > standardization, IOW tones by region.  All you then need to know is the
> > freq. being used in the area you're traveling to.  Many areas are already
> > well established: 110.9 in Rochester NY, 107.2 in Niagara Falls & San
> > Diego, 131.8 in Santa Barbara, 127.3 in Springfield MA.  Even if you don't
> > know what tone is in use, all you have to do is find the tone of one
> > system.  After that you can find the others by kerchunking (with ID of
> > course!) all the other pairs with that tone.
> >
> > Bob NO6B
>
>It seems to me that if you have all the repeaters in an area running the
>same CTCSS tone, and start fighting a mixing problem... everything is
>going to be back to keying everything else in short order.

This gets us back to the "CTCSS-bandaid" issue.  If your ham TXs are IMDing
with each other & landing back on your inputs, you need to fix it.

The only IMD problems I've had linger on my systems were caused by
non-amateur TXs.  If amateur TXs were involved, we found the actual source
of the problem & fixed it.

Bob NO6B