On Jul 26, 2008, at 7:41 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> FDs since 1980 (mostly VHF/UHF FM).  But for me, repeaters have been
> more
> than the gateway - they have been the center of the hobby.
>
> Bob NO6B

Yeah, great thoughts Bob.  Many ways into and around inside of this
great hobby.

I think Tom might be right that we're off-topic, unless we're talking
about having a repeater-builder discussion about how to build repeater
communities.

And, I'd like to hear his feedback and not tick him off anymore, so I
don't want to continue this thread here.

I'm glad there's a new 6m Repeater in Central NH, glad there are
repeaters and mailing lists to enjoy in my free-time, and having a
ball.  Some people aren't, and I can't see too many ways to remedy
that if they're negative about things.

Building and maintaining repeaters has certainly made my life better
in a number of ways, worse in a few.  If it wasn't a "net gain", I
certainly wouldn't be doing it!  :-)

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X