-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of n9lv
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:41 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 2.4 Ghz wireless radio and 145.410 repeater

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> , Ken Arck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> At 06:28 PM 11/20/2008, n9lv wrote:
>
> >It is opening and closing the receiver very quickly. You can actually
> >hear the pulsing of the wi-fi radio.
>

> <----Ok, that is not intermod, that is pulses..
>

> > > 2) Is this "wireless antenna" actually a radio/antenna
combination
> > > being fed power via POE (Power Over Ethernet) over a CAT5 cable
up
> >the tower?
> >
> >Yes, this is a wi-fi radio and antenna combination setup with cat5
> >POE. I am not sure the brand, all i can see with what they showed
me
> >is something about Canopy.
>
> <---I'll bet the problem is the CAT5 radiating. Replace it with
> shielded CAT5 and your problem will go away
>
> Ken

What is wild is that previously there was a 15db Tranzeo radio up there that
never offered any troubles with the repeater.

I am going to disable the preamp and see if that helps the issue any.