  From: Kevin Custer
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 2:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Converting a Range 2 VHF Mitrek to Range 1
(WAS: Holiday Special...)

  Eric Lemmon wrote:
  > Only one of the five front-end coils for a Range 1 VHF Mitrek (HLD4081,
  > 136-146 MHz) is still available from Motorola Parts. That one is part
  > 2480032A07, the violet coil in L1, for $ 4.15.
  >
  > The only option may be to tack on some extra wire to the existing coils.
  > Although modifying the tuning screws may work, I suspect the Q will suffer.
  Eric,

  I would think a coil retro like what I make available for the MICOR will
  also work in the Mitrek. This approach would be way better than tacking
  some added wire onto the existing coil or modifying the screws in which
  I know that is a bad idea. Is there something special about the Mitrek
  front-end that you believe would prohibit such a conversion? It's been
  a while since I messed with the Mitrek but I don't remember anything
  that would prohibit the correct length coil to be installed...

  Kevin