From: Mike Pugh <mikep...@mikepugh.net>
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Coax Interconnect (Inside Repeater)
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 2:55 PM

            Alexander N Tubonjic wrote:

>   I am wanting to swap out the BNC receiver connector to an N

> connector on my Kenwood TKR-750 2 meter repeater. After contacting

> Kenwood and getting quoted some crack prices I figured I'd see if

> anyone has anything laying around or has any ideas on here.

Why? electrically, the BNC connectors and the N connectors are the same

thing. Don't believe me? Try plugging them together.. Even though they

won't latch together, electrically, they fit together perfectly, and can

be used this way in an emergency if you're at a tower site and find you

don't have the proper connector.. What am I missing? Mike