The disappointing part of narrow banding is the text in
the below message.  I've been able to narrow band a heck
of a lot of repeater equipment. Surplus repeaters and
radio equipment are a gold mine to innovative and motivated
radio people, who are willing to do both the homework and
technical work.

It's a lot more expensive and sad to think a lot of
equipment is being replaced, when other viable options
are available.

s.