At 2/1/2010 14:25, you wrote:
>I built my own clown of the GLD ID board back in the 80's.  It is still
>working.  In my application, changing the state of the remote base selects
>a different ID with appropriate "tail msg" on the ID.
>
>I also have different "speeds" imbedded within the ID by ratioing the
>slower CW to that of the fastest.
>
>I can send someone the schematic if interested.  My board is wire wrapped. :)

Sounds like a good job for a PIC.  K1EL already has a CW ID PIC (K-ID) for
only $6.  Unfortunately it lacks the timing needed for repeater IDing & the
output is square wave.  I used one in one of my portapeaters along with
Skipp's favorite IC (555 timer) & a BPF to clean up the square wave.  But a
PIC should be able to handle the ID interval timing, & a PIC with more
outputs could generate an approximated sine wave.  The mid- & high-range
PICs have built-in serial ports that would make user programming of the
callsign, interval, tone freq., etc. easy.

Bob NO6B