I don't know if this was suggested, but you can buy a cap of larger value that physically fits the area and then remove a plate/stator or two to get the proper value.

Removing a plate and/or stator is a trick from way back in ham time when people scrounged parts and made them work.

73, Joe, K1ike

On 4/17/2010 12:56 AM, Gary Hoff wrote:

I don't think I could make one. I've seen rotors and stators available you can assemble yourself but they are quite a bit larger and wouldn't fit in the box. I think I've found one that I can make work and ordered it. It's not exact, but it'll fit in the
spot and should function OK.  Thanks to all who responded to my query.
There were a lot of good ideas and they are all appreciated.
Gary - K7ney

On 4/16/2010 9:58 PM, Barry wrote:

If all else fails it should be simple to work out the requirements and make one requires some manual skill and patience though

To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
From: k7ney...@q.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 06:49:25 -0600
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Duplexer parts

Thanks, I sent them an email and they said they haven't sold that
capacitor in 25 years and all spec sheets, etc are all gone.  Was worth
a try though.  I'll keep looking
Gary

    Gary,

    Try Viking Technologies LTD. at www.cardwellcondens
    <http://www.cardwellcondens>er.com
    they have a very large selection of Johnson, series 167
    capacitors and will be able to give you the exact specifications
    on the broken one that you have.

    Gregory AC6VJ

    --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
    <mailto:Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>, Gary Hoff