> Hi Jeff
> yes I know -55db is I think around 399 microvolts

No, you're still missing it.  He said -55 dBm (m = milliwatts), not -55 dB.

> which will flatten any receiver

-55 dBm at 1 MHz offset isn't going to bother any half-decent receiver.  A
decent receiver would have 100 dB of adjacent-channel selectivity (that
would be 20 kHz away on lowband), so if we assume the sensitivity is -117
dBm (0.3 uV), it should tolerate a signal int the vicity of -17 dBm at only
20 kHz away with only slight degradation.  At 1 MHz away, a good lowband
receiver with a real front end will tolerate much, much more, probably on
the order of 0 dBm (over 2/10ths of a volt).

80 watts TPO = +49 dBm.  He's measuring -55 dBm at the receive port, so he
has 104 dB of carrier supression, way way way more than is necessary for a
Micor at 1 MHz split.

                                                --- Jeff WN3A