From: Jeff DePolo <j...@broadsci.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, July 27, 2010 11:09:55 AM
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Repeater receiver testing

> Kevin, I'm sorry to have to tell you this but I think your
> calculator batteries need to be changed.
> 0 dBM = 0.2236 volts in a 50 Ohm circuit.
> +20 dBM is indeed 100 mW and P=EI and inserting 100 mW into
> the Eq. for Volts in a 50 Ohm system, E= the sq. rt. of the
> quantity (.100 x 50) = sq. rt. of 5 = .707 V. or 707 mV. not
> the 2.24 V. you indicated.

I think you blew that one OM. Too much tequila down in XE land perhaps?

The square root of 5 is 2.2236 volts, not sure where you got 0.707, that
would be square root of 0.5. Kevin was right.

Or, to make it even simpler without having to do any real math, +20 dBm is
20 db greater than 0 dBm. 20 dB more than 0.2236 volts is, obviously, 2.236
volts.

--- Jeff WN3A