Tim,

It appears to me that your measurement procedure is correct - and that the
results you have gotten would normally be sufficient isolation to allow
desense-free duplex operation.

If you have some attenuators available - or better yet - a switchable [in 1 dB
increments] attenuator - there is a test you could try.

Assuming you are running your desense test with the repeater terminated in a
quality 50 ohm resistive power load and feeding your generator in through an
iso-T, you establish a sensitivity reference [e.g. 12 dBS] then key the
repeater transmitter and readjust the generator for the same reference.  The
difference in readings is the amount of desense.

Insert an attenuator in the receiver line between the duplexer's receive port
and the receiver's antenna port.  Start with about 10 dB.  You should then
require 10 dB more signal from your generator to achieve your initial quieting
reference.  Now when you key the transmitter again measure the desense.  The
attenuator gives you the equivalent of that much additional isolation.  Your
desense should be correspondingly less.

With a switchable attenuator you can determine just how much more isolation you
need.

The results you get - whether they 'track' or aren't linear may give some clue
as to the nature of the issue.

WB0EMU

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Tim <tahr...@...> wrote:

"...I measured each way to the common point... RX  to antenna & Tx to antenna,
and each one had a notch of about 102dB at the opposite frequency.

With the 50 watts at the antenna port is where I see the -55dBm on the receiver
port. (into the spectrum analyzer)...."