Been following this thread for a while, some thoughts in random order:

If I remember correctly you said that you are using the 1 5/8" heliax
notches as your duplexer.
If I also remember correctly others have reported problems of many
sorts with these homebrew devices.

While not an easy thing to find I would suggest that you most likely
need some sort of a bandpass cavity on the receiver to protect from
the noise that gets past the heliax notches.

Remember that a notch duplexer only removes the notched portion of the
TX signal on the RX side and the RX signal on the TX side, all other
noise is passed directly to the load.  Thus you only have two small
notches, one at the RX frequency and one at the TX frequency.
Everything else is passed.

You probably should also look at the TX signal to check for spurs.

If the RX has the extender circuit installed, turn it off and rerun
your test.  It could be that the extender is tuned to a frequency near
the TX or a low level output from the TX.

I also have had duplexers that look good with a tracking generator but
fail under TX power.

Milt
N3LTQ