The issue for repeater receiver desense is the same basic issue that affects
the bench test.  For the bench test if the generator used for the adjacent
channel signal has too much phase noise - that noise will degrade the receiver
before the carrier level can be raised to the manufacturer's spec.

With a repeater - if the transmitter sideband noise is too great - or the
duplexer's attenuation of that noise is insufficient - then the receiver will
be degraded.

Measuring the transmit carrier level at the receiver input - not so hard.
Measuring the transmit sideband noise at the receiver input - not so easy.

Your issue is probably due to not enough TX sideband noise suppression.  We're
assuming you used all double-shielded coax, but look at everything - maybe
there is a faulty coax or connector  allowing leakage to cause the degradation.