I think they use that spec trace on the opening of the tv show Fraser

  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Custer
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 4:51 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Repeater transmit levels at the receiver?

Steve wrote:
> Hi Kev
> would it be feasable to use a sig gen cranked right up ?

Depends on how clean the signal generator is. I'd think it doesn't have
enough smoke (output capability) to really be beneficial

Many generators have a strong carrier (here we go again) adjacent from
the desired carrier by few, several, many kHz/MHz. Also, depending on
make/model, it may not be as clean (spurious emissions) as a tuned
circuit (read MICOR exciter).

I wonder how many of the -53 naysayers have or have used a Cushman
CE-3? LOL! The folks that have looked at the output of one of these on
a spectrum analyzer will get it.