I got a set of 4 sinclair cans, like a Q202g on a GE mastr II running 100 watts
with pll exciter and GE preamp with no desense. Antenna is roughly 300' away
fed with LDF7-50A. Is this a miracle or typical?

----- Original Message -----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed Sep 08 20:10:44 2010
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Wacom WP-639 Duplexer question

I'm not surprised- you're asking too much of a duplexer that has four 5"
cans. According to my CommShop program, a duplexer with an 80 dB spec is
more suitable with transmitter power in the 10-15 watt range, assuming a
solid-state PA and a receiver sensitivity around 0.35 uV at 12 dB SINAD. On
a 100 watt repeater, I'd expect something like a WP-642, which has six 8"
cans. BTDT, got the T-shirt and mug...

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY