On Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:43 AM [EDT],
Robert D. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Recently, Aengus squawked:
>
>> Why would  you want Analog to write IPs into  the cache file if
>> you're using QDNS to do resolve the IP addresses?
>
>> The DNS cache file is list of DNS addresses that have  been looked
>> up before. It doesn't matter how you create them
>
> I have played with this for two days now and might have a better
> handle on how it works.
>
> My main question, albeit clouded, was if qdns made an output into, for
> example, dnscache.txt by virtue of looking up ALL addresses found in
> ALL logs?
>
> My experiments seem to say qdns only looks up a single log. Whereas it
> *appears* that I can place a wildcard inside the analog.cfg explaining
> that the daily logs are files named /ex*.log. Then, I guessed, that
> analog itself looks through ALL those logs. Whereas, it *seemed*, that
> qdns did not.

QDNS /L *.log  /D DNS.DNS

works fine for me, reading all the log files in the current directory.

As far as I can tell, QDNS only reads one /L parameter (the last one), so if
you want to analyze multiple logs that you can't specify by a wildcard
pattern, you have to run QDNS against each file one by one (the DNS file is
cumulative), or create a .cfg file with a list of the logfiles.

Aengus