On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 23:18, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Jason van Zyl wrote:

> >I have challenged you to give me a scenerio that I can't satisfy with
> >something like the current Maven repository. Instead you drone on ad
> >nauseum about the theoretical. Let's have a concrete example.
> >

> Jason:
>
> Look around you - take a look at things you involved with.  I've already
> provided you with examples where the simplistic http over a maven style
> file system layout breaks.

Which one's were those so we can record them here?

> You have already provided me with the
> details of workarounds that the Maven platform incorporates to address
> these inefficiencies.  There is a bigger picture.  That picture is based
> on the collection of the requirements from repository-enabled
> applications - a set of requirements that you seem determined to reject.

It's a set of requirements I embrace. I too wish to write applications
that use a repository but I don't believe it's any more complicated that
a file-based repository accessible via http. I have yet to see a
concrete example from you that shows otherwise.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]