Yes, pretty much the case. The big thing is to make sure you set group write permissions and make sure the group is apcvs.

I can look into setting the deployment dir to be /www/ but I remember requests from the mirror folks to make sure that deployment happened in a working/scratch directory and the copied into the dist this way the md5 checksum scipts that test the contents of dist wouldn't bark during the upload process.

Brett Porter wrote:

> i'm a little sensitive to the needs for supervision at the moment > (after being strongly reminded on this list before by members
> who know > about these issues). the jar's i've posted have been approved for > release. i don't really want to have to run a second vote
> (again) for a > release of different jars to the repo.

If you have a controlled environment and build from a clean checkout of a tag... There shouldn't be a problem?

> i'm sure that once the process is better understood and documented > we'll be able to move toward automation without too many people > screaming. until then, i'd feel better if some member of the repo > committee moved the stuff into place.

I think anyone who can commit to CVS can put a jar into /www/, so you should be good to go.

I'm just here out of interest - I'm not sure I form part of the "repo committee"? :)

fn:Mark Diggory
org:Harvard University;Harvard MIT Data Center
adr:Harvard University;;G-6 Littauer Center (North Yard);Cambridge;Ma;02138-2901;United States
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Software Engineer
tel;work:617 496 7246
tel;fax:617 495 0438