On Apr 11, 2005 2:02 AM, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > one problem I have for both systems is proxies; at work I cant go to
> > remote http servers without proxy setup. What does maven do?
> wagon has a proxy configuration that it passes on to the JDK stuff as
> system properties, or to httpclient as configuration depending on the
> implementation you use. The proxy is configured via your main Maven
> config file for your user/installation.

you know, I wonder if we can't create a defacto place in the Java1.4
preferences world for storing proxy information across apps. There is
something for applets, but nothing for apps in general.

Imagine a System node "org.apache.jakarta.proxy" that would be read by
everything that cares about proxies -they could even implement a
listener to respond to dynamic changes, so that were I to write a
laptop utility that switched the proxy on and off, apps could get the