Hello,

I'd be glad to contribute it to the Repoze core -- I actually suggested that
in a early stage of the development of the plugin.

I've just signed and sent the contributor's agreement.

I'll be offline until Friday, so on Saturday I'm going to start the migration
of development-related stuff from Launchpad. I think we should also move the
documentation from my web site to repoze's.

Cheers!

On Wednesday September 17, 2008 19:08:23 Paul Everitt wrote:
> The ZPL is compatible with the GPL, by specific intent.  I know,
> because ZC's board chairman and I were the ones that spent the lawyer
> money and negotiated with the FSF to make it happen.
>
> The other points about whether Zope and Plone and who got mad at whom,
> when, and what agendas each party had that got masqueraded as license
> disputes....gosh, I hope that Repoze is a place where we can leave all
> that behind.
>
> If Gustavo wants it to go in the Repoze core, he'll have to use the
> Repoze choice of license.  Otherwise, he's perfectly free to use the
> license he wants.  But Repoze is not going to proactively discourage
> use of GPL for non-core stuff.
>
> --Paul
>
> On Sep 17, 2008, at 12:22 PM, David Pratt wrote:
> > Hi Gustavo.  An LDAP package is a useful and interesting addition to
> > who. Unfortunately, the licensing choice is not compatible with
> > repoze and I could not use it as a result.  In reality, I  don't
> > believe it is productive to extend the same licensing game (to
> > repoze) that has plaqued zope and plone for years (by taking from ZPL
> > and creating GPL). This had only resulted in isolation of plone code
> > - and no code sharing between zope and plone. This of course is your
> > decision but I don't believe it is useful to follow this pattern.
> >
> > If you anticipate uptake of your package or contribution, my
> > recommendation is use a compatible licensing scheme from which the
> > code originated. You might also consider contributing this as an
> > official plugin to repoze and making it available from the repoze
> > repository where more eyes will be upon it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > David
> >
> > On Sep 8, 2008, at 9:12 PM, Chris McDonough wrote:
> >> Thank you Gustavo, looks good!

Gustavo Narea.
http://gustavonarea.net/

Get rid of unethical constraints! Switch to Freedomware:
http://softwareliberty.com/