On Monday 21 December 2009 11:35:21 Tres Seaver wrote:
> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> >> zopelib was a way to get egg-based deployment of Zope prior to the fully
> >> egg-based 2.12.  You need either to upgrade to use Zope 2.12 (and drop
> >> zopelib), or else stay on Python 2.4.
> >
> > Ok, I'm happy to upgrade to zope2.12. In fact, I just installed it. But
> > now obviously the recipes given on repoze.org doen't work. Googling for
> > zope2 & WSGI-integration only leads to them.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to make zope2 work with mod_wsgi?
>
> The function, 'ZPublisher.WSGIPublisher.publish_module' is a WSGI
> application:  likely what you need is a your_app.wsgi module which calls
> the Zope starup code and then sets that function as 'spplication'.
> Something like (untested):
>
>   # foo.wsgi
>   from Zope2.startup import startup
>   from ZPublisher.WSGIPublisher import publish_module as application
>   startup()
>
> If you need to wire in other configuration, etc., then you likely want
> to use a PasteDeploy config file.  In that case, you need an "app
> factory", something like:
>
>   # your_app.py
>   from Zope2.startup import startup
>   from ZPublisher.WSGIPublisher import publish_module
>
>   def zope_app_factory(global_config, **local_config):
>       startup()
>       return publish_module
>
> and then configure that in Paste:
>
>   [app:your_app]
>   use = your_app:zope_app_factory
>
> If you get this working, let us know, and we will get something like it
> added to Zope or repoze.zope2.

Ok, this is what I've got so far:

from paste import httpserver

from Zope2.Startup.run import configure
from Zope2 import startup
configure('./etc/zope.conf')
startup()

from ZPublisher.WSGIPublisher import publish_module as zope_application

def application(environ, start_response):
    environ["SERVER_SOFTWARE"] = "bob"
    return zope_application(environ, start_response)

httpserver.serve(application, host='127.0.0.1', port='8080')

As you can see, you need to set that environ-key - otherwise, WSGIPublisher
will die. It appears in the returned headers, but other than that it doesn't
seem to have any impact.

I found the actual code based on this post:

  https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2009-December/038862.html

In there, a problem is mentioned about with certain streamed content.

And I fear I've hit that problem as well - the ZMI looks as if it's missing
parts. For example, the tab's rounded corners seem to be missing, the
tree-view of the folder-structure isn't rendered correctly and so forth.

Any suggestions on this?

Regards,

Diez

--
Diez B. Roggisch

Ableton AG, Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 72838
Vorstand: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl, Bernd Roggendorf
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Uwe Struck