On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 22:28 -0500, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
>> repoze.what-pylons shows up under turbogears category. If it was
>> changed to turbogears2 then it would show up under tg2? Not sure if it
>> actually works with tg1?  I'm only using keywords.
>> If you say that all repoze projects will work with tg2, then I could
>> add "repoze" to one of the categories.
> While I don't know what you mean by "add repoze to one of the
> categories", it's more complicated than that, I'm afraid.  Most repoze
> projects work in arbitrary WSGI frameworks.  However some *are* WSGI
> frameworks (repoze.bfg, repoze.zope2), and some repoze projects are even
> extensions to those frameworks (repoze.bfg.jinja2, repoze.bfg.formish).
> None of those make any sense showing up as compatible with turbogears.
> I don't think there's anything to be done here other than what Wiggy
> suggested, which is for your classification stuff to look for the Trove
> classifier named "Topic :: Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: WSGI ::
> Middleware" if you just want Repoze middleware to show up in the list.

Unfortunately if you look at :

You see other packages that are not repoze, like:

django-lazysignup 0.1.2
django-lockdown 0.1.1
django-paranoid-sessions 0.2.0
grokproject 2.0.1
So unfortunately the
Topic :: Internet :: WWW/HTTP :: WSGI :: Middleware
gives out even more projects that are not related.

I temporary added the "repoze"  keyword, so that we can display any
project with repoze keyword in it.  This is how it would look.

I still think that best solution would be to add keyword turbogears2
in your setup. If somebody "searches" on pypi for turbogears2 they
would get your project. You can include other keywords like pylons,
wsgi middleware, "some other keyword that would say this can be used
with other wsgi frameworks"

Your repoze.who has keywords: "web application server wsgi tg2" we
pick up tg2 and put that in our tg2 category.

Sidenote, it would be great if we stick to turbogears2 or tg2 but that
is just a side note.

Let me know what you think.