________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MORAWETZ Martin
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:09 AM
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: [Resin-interest] Debugging Resin Apps in/with Eclipse

Hi,

I had two approaches to debug Resin Apps within Eclipse
which worked for me perfectly with Resin 3.0.x. However
with Resin 3.1.2 I can't get them to work.

The first approach was to start Resin with the arguments
-Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=12345
and have in Eclipse Resin as Remote Application configured
(Run -> Debug -> Remote Application), connection Type Socket.

The second approach was to start Resin in Eclipse having
Resin configured as 'Java Application'. To switch from Resin
3.0.x to Resin 3.1.2 I just had to change the classpath and
change the main class from
'com.caucho.server.http.ResinServer' to
'com.caucho.boot.ResinBoot' (I guess).

Both approaches show the same result with Resin 3.1.2.
I see the Resin threads in the debug perspective as usual, I'm able
to run the application, but Breakpoints don't get recognized
hence I'm not able to debug.

Any Ideas?

Regards Martin