Just to be even more specific, the requirement for putting the cmd line args in
resin.conf on windows actually kicked in at 3.1.2 (for some reason).  With
3.1.1 I was able to debug by putting the cmd line args on the cmd line.  Dunno
why.

As for getting debugging to work with windows and Resin 3.1.2, I am able to do
so with IDEA (dunno about eclipse), but adding this to resin.conf:

      <jvm-arg>-Xdebug</jvm-arg>

      <jvm-arg>-Xnoagent</jvm-arg>

      <jvm-arg>-Djava.compiler=NONE</jvm-arg>

<jvm-arg>-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005</jvm-arg>

and then having IDEA connect to any old remote server (nothing Resin specific).

what you are seeing when you put the cmd line args on the cmd line is the Resin
watchdog process running in debug mode.  so you could debug the watchdog
process, but not the Resin process.  not quite what you want.

..mike..