Thanks, Mike and Mattias. Setting rtexprvalue=true solved it.

-Ambar
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mattias Jiderhamn
  Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 10:11 PM
  To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
  Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] Unable to pass request parameter to custom
taglibwith Resin 3.1.3

  Yes, Resin 3.x is much more picky about <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue> in
your TLD files.
  That is most probably what you are seeing.

  Mike Wynholds wrote:

    I am not sure exactly why it stopped working, but I have noticed that
sometimes Resin, over time, becomes more and more spec-compliant.  this often
means things that “worked” in the past, even though they were against the spec,
stop working.

    check your .tld file to make sure that the “moduleName” parameter is set to
rtexpr=”true”.

    also, you use EL to get the request parameter instead of scriptlets, like
this:

    <mytaglib:loadFav moduleName=”${param.moduleName}”/>

    (no need for the request.getParameter(…))

    ..mike..