Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:29 AM
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: [Resin-interest] Unable to pass request parameter to custom
taglibwith Resin 3.1.3

I'm having trouble trying to pass a request parameter to a custom taglib
by setting an attribute.

The jsp looks like this:

String moduleName =request.getParameter("moduleName");

<mytaglib:loadFav moduleName="<%=moduleName%>"/>

In the loadFav class,

public void setModuleName(String moduleName) {
        this.moduleName = moduleName;

 public int doStartTag() throws JspException {
        AppsLogger.debug("Entered LoadDefaultFavSearchTag.doStartTag():

The getModuleName method is returning the literal string
"<%=moduleName%>" (minus quotes).

The moduleName parameter was being passed along fine when I was using
Resin 2.1.10. However I'm seeing this behaviour

in both Resin 3.1.2 and Resin 3.1.3. Is this a bug or am I doing
something wrong?