On Oct 31, 2007, at 4:50 AM, Robert Varga wrote:

> Hi Scott and All,
>
> I have some additional questions...
>
> 1. What is the meaning of the different values returned from the
> CometController.wake() call?

It should be the same as isActive().  I'm not entirely certain the
return value is useful, so we might remove it.

> 2. What is the meaning of the different values returned from the
> CometController.isActive() call?

It's the inverse of an isClosed().  Actually, it might be a good idea
to switch the method from isActive() to isClosed() to avoid confusion.

In other words, "isActive()" is true even if the servlet is idle,
which is a little weird.  It just means that it hasn't stopped.

> 3. What happens if I call CometController.wake() while another
> thread is executing on a CometServlet with the same CometController
> instance? Will resume() be called once again after the resume/
> service currently executing returned true?

Yes.  The second wake() is queued.  I'll need to check to see if we
have a test case for that.

-- Scott