I have narrowed down the problem.  If I add the <certificate-chain-file>
option to my <openssl> element in my Resin config, I have problems:

$ openssl s_client -connect localhost:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
21083:error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
handshake failure:s23_clnt.c:578:

If I comment out the <certificate-chain-file> element, then I can
successfully make an SSL connection.  I don't think I really need the
<certificate-chain-file> element but it would be nice to know why Resin is
not working with it now when it did before.