Also I would like to know, whether your server is running under a
LoadBalancer? if yes... please send the details on the same...

Please try the following configuration and lemme know if this helps.

<!--gzip changes start-->
<filter filter-name="gzip" filter-class="com.caucho.filters.GzipFilter">
   <init>
     <use-vary>true</use-vary>
   </init>
</filter>

<filter-mapping filter-name="gzip">
   <url-pattern>
     <exclude-pattern>*.pdf</exclude-pattern>
     <exclude-pattern>*.zip</exclude-pattern>
     <include-pattern>/*</include-pattern>
   </url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

<!--gzip changes end-->