In our case, we still use Apache, due to other things we need, but we
have always used mod_proxy to communicate with the backoffice Resin
instances, instead of mod_caucho.

Even if you finally migrate to Resin as front-end web server, you could
try to move to using mod_proxy in the interim with your current Apache.
S!
D.