Also, my point in mentioning an LB is that it should be done at the network
level so as to not incur the same overhead of a reverse proxy like Apache
(which is why this email started in the first place). At work we have zxtm
connecting to jboss/tomcat which does well enough. Obviously if you are
using the Resin<->Apache module, then that is another story entirely as
well. I assumed that the http layer in Resin is as good as Tomcat in terms
of stability. If that is not the case, then you should be using the R<->A
module.

jon