Jon Stevens wrote:
> Also, my point in mentioning an LB is that it should be done at the
> network level so as to not incur the same overhead of a reverse proxy
> like Apache (which is why this email started in the first place). At
> work we have zxtm connecting to jboss/tomcat which does well enough.
> Obviously if you are using the Resin<->Apache module, then that is
> another story entirely as well. I assumed that the http layer in Resin
> is as good as Tomcat in terms of stability. If that is not the case,
> then you should be using the R<->A module.
Resin's load balancer (proxy) is an entire different module from Resin's
basic HTTP processing. Load balancing is a far more complicated issue
than HTTP protocol parsing, because the load balancer handles another
set of sockets/round-robin, etc. HTTP is just parsing strings.

The issue in 4.0.2 was the load-balancer to Resin communication protocol
(basically messed-up acks). It had nothing at all to do with HTTP.

-- Scott