Some additional information: I tried installing 4.0.5 on my better server
(Resin-4.0.0, Nexenta/Open Solaris, recent, lots of RAM, faster CPUs), and got
similar behavior. I got it up and running, noticed some oddness at first (java
link errors running my app, slow page loads the first few times), then it
seemed to get normal.

Then about  5 minutes later, it stopped responding. I didn't investigate, but
rather just switched back to using resin-4.0.0. No idea if it was the same
issue. In the logs, I saw it restarting, but it never came back.

--
Rick