Sorry, one other piece of information. I don't know if it's because it's a
snapshot, or because I have the logging set to "finer", or if something is
wrong, but it takes 74 seconds for this snapshot to finish initing and be ready
to respond to requests. Just fyi.

Rob

On Apr 9, 2010, at 3:05 PM, Rob Lockstone wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> Rob Lockstone wrote:
>>> This is Resin Pro 4.0.5 running on a non-busy OS X machine.
>>>
>>> When I perform curl -I requests (which just retrieves the header
>>> information from the server) to a simple jsp page, sometimes it
>>> returns the header, but other times the curl request responds with:
>> Can you try the new snapshot at
>> http://caucho.com/download/resin-pro-4_0-snap.tar.gz?
>>
>> We've updated some of the read timeout code, but I haven't been able to
>> duplicate that exact behavior.
>
> Ok, I'm running the snapshot now. So far, so good. But I need to amend my
> previous email. I said before that it was working consistently when accessing
> the page from a browser, but sometime after I sent that email, it stopped
> working.
>
> I will send an update after the snapshot has been running for a while to see
> if it continues working or fails like 4.0.5 did.
>
> Rob
>

>> -- Scott
>>>
>>> curl: (52) Empty reply from server
>>>
>>> Also, if I remove the -I from the curl request, it will download the
>>> contents of the page, but again, it sometimes works, but other other
>>> times it gets an "Empty reply from server" response.
>>>
>>> However, loading pages in a browser seems to work consistently. I
>>> tried commenting out the cache block in resin.xml, and that does lead
>>> to page load failures in the browser. So I suspect this has something
>>> to do with resin's caching, but not sure what. ???
>>>
>>> With the log level set to "finer", I'm seeing the following messages
>>> in resin's logs.
>>>
>>> This first set is for a successful curl -I request:
>>>
>>> {http://*:8080-3} TcpConnection[id=3]starting connection
>>> TcpConnection[id=http://*:8080-3,http://*:8080,ACCEPT],
>>> <http://*:8080,ACCEPT%5D,> total=3
>>> {http://*:8080-3} Http[3] HEAD /some.jsp HTTP/1.1
>>> {http://*:8080-3} Http[3] Remote-IP: an.ip.address:49390
>>> {http://*:8080-3} Http[3] User-Agent: curl/7.19.7
>>> (universal-apple-darwin10.0) libcurl/7.19.7 OpenSSL/0.9.8l zlib/1.2.3
>>> {http://*:8080-3} Http[3] Host: somehost.com <http://somehost.com>
>>> {http://*:8080-3} Http[3] Accept: */*
>>> {http://*:8080-3} Dispatch '/some.jsp' to
>>> AccessLogFilterChain[http://www.somehost.com,
>>> next=CacheFilterChain[/some.jsp?null,
>>> next=WebAppFilterChain[http://www.somehost.com,