On 03/22/2011 11:25 AM, Keith Fetterman wrote:
> I have a question about versioning.  If we want to use it, do we append
> the version number to the name of the war file? For example:
>
> ROOT.war, ROOT-2.war, ROOT-3.war, etc.

Correct. Since the version # is like 1.0.0, and most of our tests use
that format, it's possible that a -2 might not be properly handled (I'd
need to check our tests to see if they handle that.)

> When we roll out a new version, do we delete the previous war file?  For
> example, if I deploy ROOT-2.ear, do I delete ROOT.war?

Yes, just to clean up. It wouldn't affect Resin's behavior, though,
since Resin would only use the latest version.

By the way, when you deploy a new version, Resin will continue to send
current sessions to the old version for 60 minutes (by default). New
sessions will go to the new version.

-- Scott