Does anyone know how to read the following warning message that resin is
displaying when I access a Web page?
> [11-04-01 13:20:42.902] {http://*:8082-4} WARNING
> com.caucho.server.cache.ProxyCacheFilterChain
> ProxyCacheFilterChain[/docs/content/banner.html?null,
> next=ServletFilterChain[resin-file]] unable to reset
> IncludeRequest[/docs/content/banner.html,IncludeRequest[/templates/components/header.jsp,ForwardRequest[/templates/main_layout.jsp,ErrorRequest[/page_not_found_error.do,HttpServletRequestImpl[HttpRequest[default,
>
> 4]]]]]]
> IncludeResponse[IncludeResponse[ForwardResponse[ForwardResponse[HttpServletResponseImpl[HttpResponseHttp[default,
>
> 4] ]]]]]
I can't figure it out.

I've finally figured out why I wasn't seeing the debug messages from the
caching mechanism in resin.  I had the level on the <log-handler> tag
set to "info", which overrides the more detail levels (fine, finest,
etc.) defined in the <logger> tags.  This behavior is opposite to Log4J
so it threw me for a few days.

With the debug logging turned on, I haven't been able to figure out what
is causing the warning message.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me read the log message so I can
figure out what is causing the warning message.

Thanks,
Keith

On 03/28/2011 09:57 AM, Keith Fetterman wrote:
> We are updating our Web site from resin 3.0 to 4.0. I am seeing
> ProxyCacheFilterChain warnings in the Resin log.  I see an error message
> buried in the message "unable to reset IncludeRequest".  Has anyone seen
> a message like this and have idea what is causing it?  I looked through
> the resin documentation and I don't see anything.
>
>> [11-03-28 09:43:38.004] {http://*:8082-1} WARNING
>> com.caucho.server.cache.ProxyCacheFilterChain {11}
>> ProxyCacheFilterChain[/docs/content/right_logos.html?null,
>> next=ServletFilterChain[resin-file]] unable to reset
>> IncludeRequest[/docs/content/right_logos.html,ForwardRequest[/templates/main_layout.jsp,ErrorRequest[/page_not_found_error.do,HttpServletRequestImpl[HttpRequest[default,
>> 1]]]]]
>> IncludeResponse[ForwardResponse[ForwardResponse[HttpServletResponseImpl[HttpResponseHttp[default,
>> 1] ]]]]
> I've enabled debug logging of the cache adding the following statement
> at the top of the resin.xml, but I am not seeing any debug messages in
> the log.
>
>> <logger name="com.caucho.server.cache" level="finest"/>
> Please reply with any ideas on what might be causing these warnings.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

Keith Fetterman                        Direct: 206-319-9434
Mariner Supply, Inc.                   206-780-5670
http://www.go2marine.com               kfetter...@go2marine.com

http://www.boatersline.com