On 08/24/2011 12:54 PM, Bill Au wrote:
How soon can we expect 4.0.22?

Early next week is the most likely.

I am wondering if I should want for that or go with 4.0.21 for the time being. We just got hit by bug 4701 again. I want to pick for the fix for that which is in 4.0.21 but I don't want the solution to be worse than the problem itself. How wide-reaching is bug 4726?

It really depends on your libraries that parse the POST, but it was triggered by a java.io.BufferedInputStream calling ServletInputStream.available(), so it will certainly be more than just Jersey.

-- Scott

Bill

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Scott Ferguson <f...@caucho.com <mailto:f...@caucho.com>> wrote:

    On 08/24/2011 11:32 AM, Olaf Krische wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have a WAR "accounts.war". I move it into webapps of a fresh
    installation of resin 4.0.21, and then i get this on a POST
    request (GET works)
    com.caucho.vfs.JniStream@2542880d
    >                                                  at
    com.caucho.vfs.StreamImpl.getAvailable(StreamImpl.java:145)
    >                                                  at
    com.caucho.vfs.ReadStream.getAvailable(ReadStream.java:328)

    Thanks. I've filed this as http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=4726.

    We'll be releasing a quick 4.0.22 for this.

    The issue, by the way, was introduced related to changes with the
    async
    end-of-socket detection, and the regression test to reproduce this
    is a
    bit more complicated than I'd have expected.

    -- Scott

    > And just to verify, i downloaded as well a fresh resin 4.0.20,
    moved the same WAR into webapps, no problems at all.