On Feb 1, 2012, at 14:17 , Paul Cowan wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2012, at 2:51 AM, Rick Mann wrote:
>> I have resin 4.0.23 installed. It seems to serve up WordPress 2.9.2 okay
>> (blog.roderickmann.org), but not WordPress 3.3.1 (latencyzero.com/wp/). The
>> default pages seem to load okay, but the admin pages only render the
>> left-hand controls, no content. I get the following error:
>> WP_Screen::$this is an undeclared static field
>> The two sites above are running in the same resin instance. The config for
>> each is slightly different.
>> I always seem to trip over PHP issues with Resin, and get very little
>> response from you guys for them. This has kept me from ever considering
>> buying Quercus (you wouldn't even answer a question asking about what kind
>> of Quercus support I could expect to get if I did buy it).
>> Hmm, looking around the site, it seems you don't even offer Quercus any
>> more, is that correct?
> Hi Rick,
> http://quercus.caucho.com is still the main Quercus site.  The library is
> bundled with Resin, inside resin.jar.  The best way to get the latest version
> is to download Resin Open-Source and use resin.jar.  We have not been
> producing separate Quercus downloads recently.
> Please understand that we have not entirely abandoned Quercus, it is just on
> the back-burner as we focus on Resin.  The issue is not just language
> support, but all the libraries.  Fully supporting incremental versions of PHP
> is an enormous amount of work with relatively low return on investment for
> us.  An engineer working on Quercus is an engineer that is not working on
> Resin.  We may reevaluate that resource allocation in the future, but for now
> Quercus is a lower priority.
> I see the latest version of WordPress is requiring PHP 5.2.4 or greater.
> Quercus support hovers around PHP 5.2.1, with some selective functions from
> later versions and some others not implemented.
> I see you already entered a bug report for this.  That is the best thing to
> do so we can track issues.
> http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=4944

Thanks for the information, Paul, I really appreciate it. It's good to know the
problem may lie in the version of PHP.

Is it possible to use PHP directly through Resin? I don't use any of the Java
integration capability (yet), but I hate to go install Apache (I use Resin for
all my J2EE stuff) just to support WordPress. Can I get Resin to call to PHP
(not using Quercus, that is)?