I typically work on web apps as a component of other projects. At any given
time on my local machine I've got three or four web apps that I rotate through.
To speed things up, I reconfigure resin.xml each time I switch to a new one, so
I don't have to wait for the others to start up. I run resin in console mode to
make it easy to kill and restart

I find it a little cumbersome to go to resin.xml and uncomment one <webapp> and
comment out another. I'm wondering if I can't accomplish the same thing by
moving the <webapp> declarations to separate files in a known directory, and
just have resin.xml include all the files in that directory. That way, I can
just move the fragment files in and out of this "enabled apps" directory.

So, I tried changing resin.xml to:

<cluster id="app">
    <!-- define the servers in the cluster -->
    <server-multi id-prefix="app-" address-list="${app_servers}" port="6800"/>

    <!-- the default host, matching any host name -->
    <host id="" root-directory="/Projects/">
            <fileset dir="/config/resin/enabled">
                <include name="*.xml"/>

and I'm trying to include a file that contains:

<web-app id="/" document-directory="MyApp/web/trunk/target/build">

But it doesn't like <web-app> at the top level. So I wrapped that in <resin>
tags, but it doesn't like that, either. Can I not do this?